Malta International Contemporary Art Space (MICAS) is intended to strengthen Malta’s cultural infrastructure by providing a platform for contemporary art and internationalisation. With its launch, Malta is about to take a great step forward and become a proactive player in the contemporary art world.
Scheduled to open in 2023, MICAS will not only become a showcase for local contemporary artists but will also engage with international institutions to present ground-breaking works by acclaimed artists from all over the world.
MICAS aims to positively energise Malta’s cultural ecology and impact that of the Euro-Mediterranean region it inhabits. The MICAS mission is to be an advocate of contemporary art by raising public awareness to the significance of the visual arts in contemporary life, and by bringing to the forefront the way art and artists help mediate and interpret the world we live in.
MICAS is a Government of Malta infrastructural legacy project for the Culture and the Arts sector.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- General bookkeeping duties
- Posting of invoices and payments
- Issuing of payment runs
- The preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Petty cash and monthly petty cash reconciliations
- Credit Control
- Filing of documents daily
- Suppliers Statements reconciliation
- Preparing necessary schedules as required by auditors during their audit checks
- Preparation of claims to be presented to Line Ministry
- Supervision of cash reconciliation and handling deposits of funds received
- Monthly cash counts at cash points
- Providing accounting support as required to ensure a smooth operation of tasks
- Providing ad hoc assistance to the Finance Department as requested by the Financial Controller and CEO
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A Level standard in Accounts or any equivalent
- Experience in a similar position will be considered an asset
- Attention to detail and ability to meet daily deadlines
- A polite and professional disposition
To apply: Send a current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 23rd February 2023.