The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space (MICAS) is looking to recruit a Senior Officer (Events & Logistics Support)
Overall Purpose of Position
To carry out all duties as may be requested to ensure efficiency and effectiveness for MICAS events and logistics needs.
- Assist and support the Events and Logistics Manager in all aspects of MICAS projects and management
- Assist and support the Events and Logistics Manager in managing a variety of tasks to deliver the cultural programme to an excellent standard
- Assist and support the Events and Logistics Manager on all aspects of putting up exhibitions
- Perform assessment of all project stages
- Monitor and identify any road-blockers in all project stages
- Update Project Gantt Charts as per direction of the Events and Logistics Manager
- Coordinate logistical aspects or all events including setting up of venue, equipment, catering seating plans etc. according to budgets
- Carrying out research as guided by superiors
- Procurement in line with Public Procurement Regulations
- Following Green Procurement practices as per Government policies
- Monitoring and ensuring availability of supplies and resources at MICAS
- Coordinating and liaising with government entities, third party stakeholders and suppliers
- Liaising with agencies in the management and tenancy of all venues
- Attend training as directed
- Any other tasks which can be assigned to support the events and any other projects organised by MICAS
Reports to the Manager – Events and Logistics and receives specific instructions on tasks to be completed.
Will be required to work after office hours and weekends if and when needed.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A first degree in Public Administration, Business, Arts or related area and one year experience working in administration and/or coordination of logistics
- Working knowledge of Government public procurement regulations
- Well-developed interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to follow orders and work in a coordinated environment
- Must be able to interact with the general public in a courteous, professional manner
- A commitment to customer service and quality management
- Ability to communicate in Maltese and English
- Be able to coordinate an event under the guidance of superiors
Interested applicants are required to send a motivation letter together with a CV and certified true copies of certificates to:
The Director (Operations)
Malta International Contemporary Arts Space
Ospizio Complex, Bieb il-Pulverista
Triq J.J. Mangion
or by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
by not later than 23rd July 2021 by noon.
Eligible applicants will be asked to sit for a selection interview.