The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space (MICAS) is looking to recruit a Senior Officer (Social Media & Digital Marketing)
The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space
The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space (MICAS) is one of Malta’s Public Cultural Organisations. It is a Government of Malta infrastructural legacy project of Valletta2018 for the Culture and the Arts sector. MICAS will be realised through state-funded restoration of historical fortifications and is an EU co-funded project that will deliver the MICAS internal galleries through the European Regional Development Fund in 2022.
The Malta International Contemporary Art Space (MICAS) is intended to strengthen Malta’s cultural infrastructure by providing a platform for contemporary art and internationalisation. With its launch, Malta is about to take a great step forward and become a proactive player in the contemporary art world.
Scheduled to open in 2022, MICAS will not only become a showcase for local contemporary artists but will also engage with international institutions to present ground-breaking works by acclaimed artists from all over the world.
MICAS intends to positively energise Malta’s cultural ecology and impact that of the Euro-Mediterranean region it inhabits. The MICAS mission is to be an advocate of contemporary art by raising public awareness to the significance of the visual arts in contemporary life, and by bringing to the forefront the way art and artists help mediate and interpret the world we live in.
Overall Purpose of Position
To carry out all duties as may be requested to ensure efficiency and effectiveness for MICAS social media and digital marketing needs
o Creates engaging written, graphic, and video content while staying up-to-date on latest marketing technologies and social media.
o Develops strong and innovative digital marketing strategies, using SEO, PPC, and other techniques to drive traffic to company pages and generate interest in company products and services.
o Keep abreast of new social media sites, web technologies, and digital marketing trends; implement these new technologies in developing campaigns and update current campaigns to include new information
o Ensure MICAS’ Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn communities receive a high level of support through effective moderation and strong community management;
o Plan and create engaging social media content to promote MICAS’ project and events;
o Keep abreast with new social medial trends and platforms;
o Contribute to the communications and marketing planning;
o Contribute to the ongoing measurement, evaluation and impact of MICAS’ social media activity;
o Provide an exceptional level of support to MICAS’ social media communities across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube by moderating, responding to and escalating messages and feedback in a timely and supportive manner;
o Plan, create and deliver highly engaging, creative and audience-focused social media content taking into account brand guidelines and wider organisational ambitions and objectives;
o Monitor and maintain the cross-team digital communications planner and lead weekly planning and insight meetings;
o Contribute to the ongoing measurement and evaluation of our social media activity and work on new ways to demonstrate impact;
o Deliver internal communications to activate MICAS’ staff and volunteers to amplify social media activity;
o Work with Superiors to keep social media policy, procedures and guidelines up to date and ensure they are communicated effectively;
o Drive traffic to MICAS’ pages;
o Attend training as directed;
o Any other tasks which can be assigned to support the events and any other projects organised by MICAS.
Reports to the Manager – Marketing and Communications and receives specific instructions on tasks to be completed out.
Will be required to work after office hours and weekends if and when needed.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Arts or related area and one year experience working in Social media and digital marketing
- Excellent writing skills
- Working knowledge of social media marketing
- Knowledge of search engine optimisation techniques
- knowledge of Government public procurement regulations
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, juggling multiple projects
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to follow orders and work in a coordinated environment.
- 22975 work with: multimedia, cd-rom, DVD, internet, digital database
- 19238 coordinate market operations of a website
- 19531 define/contribute to product development strategy with research & development, production and commercial departments…
- 19493 determine the concept and message of a media campaign
- 18017 set up database of customers and prospects
- 25605 develop creative concepts (visual, audio, written…) based on media (printed, multimedia, ad, radio, tv, poster, game…)
- 18737 develop/draw up a message depending on the medium used (print media, radio, television, web…) and defined campaign policy
- 25399 make or adapt websites: define content and sections
- 25589 collect and analyse information on product or brand (situation, market, earlier publicity campaigns…)
- 19769 develop communication strategies for: events
- 24397 carry out market surveys. communicate with commercial departments, general management…
- 21411 draw up specifications with descriptions of target groups and message for designers and marketing
- And also the below which are not included in the Occupational Competencies Manual
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Proven experience in delivering successful integrated digital marketing
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Mailchimp/email marketing
- Experience in creating, engaging and impactful social media content shaped by insight (video, images, blog posts, storytelling, live video)
- Strong community management experience across all major social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Strong writing skills and the ability to take complex information and turn it into accessible communications for the wider public
- A solid understanding of the social media landscape, emerging channels and trends
Interested applicants are required to send a motivation letter together with a CV and certified true copies of certificates to:
The Director (Operations)
Malta International Contemporary Arts Space
Ospizio Complex, Bieb il-Pulverista
Triq J.J. Mangion
or by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
by not later than on 3rd September 2021 at noon
Eligible applicants will be asked to sit for a selection interview.