The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space (MICAS) is looking to recruit a Senior Officer (Design & Programme Coordinator)
The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space
The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space (MICAS) is one of Malta’s Public Cultural Organisations. It is a Government of Malta infrastructural legacy project of Valletta2018 for the Culture and the Arts sector. MICAS will be realised through state-funded restoration of historical fortifications and is an EU co-funded project that will deliver the MICAS internal galleries through the European Regional Development Fund in 2022.
The Malta International Contemporary Art Space (MICAS) is intended to strengthen Malta’s cultural infrastructure by providing a platform for contemporary art and internationalisation. With its launch, Malta is about to take a great step forward and become a proactive player in the contemporary art world.
Scheduled to open in 2022, MICAS will not only become a showcase for local contemporary artists but will also engage with international institutions to present ground-breaking works by acclaimed artists from all over the world.
MICAS intends to positively energise Malta’s cultural ecology and impact that of the Euro-Mediterranean region it inhabits. The MICAS mission is to be an advocate of contemporary art by raising public awareness to the significance of the visual arts in contemporary life, and by bringing to the forefront the way art and artists help mediate and interpret the world we live in.
Overall Purpose of Position
To carry out all duties as may be requested to ensure efficiency and effectiveness for MICAS design and programming needs.
o Develop and deliver new visuals and communication for projects; this will include assisting in designing of branding designs, video recording for events & archiving, photography for documentation & asset building for design production;
o Produce original marketing content (written and visual) for MICAS and existing projects;
o Assist with development of events and exhibitions – including documentation, marketing, preproduction and delivery;
o Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media when required;
o Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain MICAS’ agenda and accomplishments;
o Studying the organization’s objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations;
o Preparing and editing organizational publications, including newsletters for internal and external audiences;
o Updating and maintaining Web content;
o Attend training as directed;
o Any other tasks which can be assigned to support the events and any other projects organised by MICAS.
Reports to the CEO or her delegates and receives specific instructions on tasks to be completed out.
Will be required to work after office hours and weekends if and when needed.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Arts or related area and one year experience working in design and programming
- Proven working knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud Suite including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After effects and, Adobe Lightroom
- Work experience in programme (events) coordination
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well-developed interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to follow orders and work in a coordinated environment.
- 25170 come up with and develop promotional tools for products
- 21700 concretise creative concepts for the development of new products, services or brands
- 19493 determine the concept and message of a media campaign
- 19768 develop communication strategies for design
- 19769 develop communication strategies for events
- 24397 carry out market surveys. communicate with commercial departments, general management…
- 21411 draw up specifications with a description of the target group and message for designers and marketing
- 15707 design graphical elements (volume, objects, characters…), determine textures, colours, screen settings, brightness…
- 16927 design graphical elements making use of graphical software (drawings, illustrations, computer graphics…)
- 18707 design presentation of a publication (cover, brochure, poster, web page…)
- 49825 design projects for interactive websites
- 328 use software programs: photoshop
And also the below which are not included in the Occupational Competencies Manual
- Excellent communication skills – visual, written and verbal
- Thoroughly organised and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Confident with speaking to a range of partners and collaborators
- An enthusiastic interest in how art and design can have a positive impact on our cities and local communities
- Proactive with an ability to work independently and use initiative
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of social media and understanding of web platforms
- Personable, and someone who enjoys their work, taking on new challenges and meeting new people
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
Interested applicants are required to send a motivation letter together with a CV and certified true copies of certificates to:
The Director (Operations)
Malta International Contemporary Arts Space
Ospizio Complex, Bieb il-Pulverista
Triq J.J. Mangion
or by email on: email@example.com
by not later than on 3rd September 2021 at noon
Eligible applicants will be asked to sit for a selection interview.