The services of an officer providing Personal Assistant (PA) Services to the Chairperson of the Malta International Contemporary Arts Space (MICAS) are required, starting from August 2021 with an average of 40 hours of service a week.
The service shall be remunerated at €20 per hour excl. VAT for twelve months which may be renewed for further one-year periods subject to successful performance by the contractor.
The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space
The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space (MICAS) is one of Malta’s Public Cultural Organisations. It is a Government of Malta infrastructural legacy project of Valletta2018 for the Culture and the Arts sector. MICAS will be realised through state funded restoration of historical fortifications and is an EU co-funded project that will deliver the MICAS internal galleries through the European Regional Development Fund in 2022.
The Malta International Contemporary Art Space (MICAS) is intended to strengthen Malta’s cultural infrastructure by providing a platform for contemporary art and internationalisation. With its launch, Malta is about to take a great step forward and become a proactive player in the contemporary art world.
Scheduled to open in 2022, MICAS will not only become a showcase for local contemporary artists but will also engage with international institutions to present ground-breaking works by acclaimed artists from all over the world.
MICAS intends to positively energise Malta’s cultural ecology and impact that of the Euro-Mediterranean region it inhabits. The MICAS mission is to be an advocate of contemporary art by raising public awareness to the significance of the visual arts in contemporary life, and by bringing to the forefront the way art and artists help mediate and interpret the world we live in.
The provider selected shall provide PA services to the Chairperson as requested.
- Act as the point of contact between the Chairperson and internal/external contacts
- Preparing communications on behalf of the Chairperson
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs
- Handle requests and queries appropriately
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Organising travel and itineraries
- Manage diary and schedule meetings and appointments
- Taking notes and writing minutes during meetings
- Conducting or preparing any research that the management may require
- Liaising with the relevant local and foreign governmental bodies
- Working in close collaboration with stakeholders within the industry
Qualifications and Experience Required
Interested applicants are to have:
- Level 6 degree in administration, management or related subjects
- Professional discretion
- Proven knowledge of the cultural sector in Malta
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to communicate in Maltese and English;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Well-developed time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficient computer skills (MS office and Outlook)
- Verbal and written articulacy
Interested applicants are required to send a motivation letter together with a CV and certified true copies of certificates to:
The Director (Operations)
Malta International Contemporary Arts Space
Ospizio Complex, Bieb il-Pulverista
Triq J.J. Mangion
or by email on: email@example.com
by not later than 16th July 2021 by noon.
Eligible applicants will be asked to sit for a selection interview.