MICAS is seeking to recruit a Manager (Administration & Human Resources) to form part of its team on a full-time basis.
Overall Purpose of Position
• To manage the administrative, human resources and office services as may be required by MICAS including analysis, planning and supervision of resources where necessary to produce an efficient and effective service.
• To define and manage plans which include the components of finance, human resources, information technology and office services so as to produce an effective plan for the support of the MICAS’ operations.
• To process reports, returns or other documents that from time to time are necessary to satisfy requirements for reporting to management.
• To act as the focal point of interaction with relevant stakeholders (for example the Department of Contracts, Unions etc.) on day to day matters that relate to the finance, administration and human resources within the MICAS.
• To advise the Executive Team on all matters that fall within the responsibilities of the position.
• To ensure that the MICAS has the policies, procedures and systems in place to both support effective management of the Entity and facilitate the work of the staff.
• To manage all the procurement activities by the Entity ensuring that all legal and other regulatory requirements are fully satisfied.
• To manage the procedures for recruitment for the entity.
• To assist in the identification of business needs in respect of IT and the process for satisfying those needs throughout the acquisition of the necessary hardware, software training and ongoing support.
• To manage the identification of business needs in respect of administrative support systems and the process of satisfying those needs through procurement of equipment, implementation of standards and procedures, and training and supervision of staff.
• To oversee the offices of MICAS.
• To maintain a database with accurate records with regards to Contract for Services and procurement, and to set a notification system which advices the Director/CEO responsible with regards to the expiry of contracts.
• To establish and maintain a resource centre and an archiving system for storage of records and other documents.
• To compile, coordinate and process Parliamentary Questions.
• To draft correspondence, proposals and reports as required.
• Such other duties as may from time to time be required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
• Candidates must be in possession of a recognised first degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Public Policy or related subject and three years experience working in administration or management.
• Candidates must in possession of a ten years experience working in administration or management.
• In-depth knowledge of cultural policy, creative industries and the creative economy.
• Proven ability to manage a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments and influence all levels within an organisation.
If you are interested in becoming part of the MICAS team, kindly apply by sending your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12th December 2020, at noon.
Jobsplus Reference Number: 688/2020.