The services of an officer providing Personal Assistant (PA) Services to the Chairperson and CEO of the Malta International Contemporary Arts Space (MICAS) are required, with an average of 40 hours of service a week.
The service shall be remunerated at €20 per hour excl. VAT for a twenty four month period.
The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space
Malta International Contemporary Art Space (MICAS) is intended to strengthen Malta’s cultural infrastructure by providing a platform for contemporary art and internationalisation. With its launch, Malta is about to take a great step forward and become a proactive player in the contemporary art world.
Scheduled to open in 2023, MICAS will not only become a showcase for local contemporary artists but will also engage with international institutions to present ground-breaking works by acclaimed artists from all over the world.
MICAS aims to positively energise Malta’s cultural ecology and impact that of the Euro-Mediterranean region it inhabits. The MICAS mission is to be an advocate of contemporary art by raising public awareness to the significance of the visual arts in contemporary life, and by bringing to the forefront the way art and artists help mediate and interpret the world we live in.
MICAS is a Government of Malta infrastructural legacy project for the Culture and the Arts sector
The provider selected shall provide PA services to the Chairperson and CEO as requested.
- Act as the point of contact between the Chairperson and internal/external contacts
- Preparing communications on behalf of the Chairperson
- Preparing research in relation to contemporary art matters and preparing relevant articles for the Chairperson as necessary
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs
- Handle requests and queries appropriately
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Organising travel and itineraries
- Manage diary and schedule meetings and appointments
- Taking notes and writing minutes during meetings
- Conducting or preparing any research that the management may require
- Liaising with the relevant local and foreign governmental bodies;
- Working in close collaboration with stakeholders within the industry
Qualifications and Experience Required
Interested applicants are to have:
- A Bachelors degree at MQF Level 6 in Arts, preferably in relation to Fine arts, History of Art, or Contemporary Art
- Professional discretion
- Knowledge of the cultural sector in Malta;
- Excellent coordination skills;
- Ability to communicate in Maltese and English;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Well-developed time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficient computer skills (MS office and Outlook)
- Verbal and written articulacy
Interested applicants are required to send a motivation letter together with a CV and certified true copies of certificates by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
By not later than noon of Tuesday 11th April 2023.
Eligible applicants will be asked to sit for a selection interview.