Malta International Contemporary Art Space (MICAS) is intended to strengthen Malta’s cultural infrastructure by providing a platform for contemporary art and internationalisation. With its launch, Malta is about to take a great step forward and become a proactive player in the contemporary art world.
Scheduled to open in 2023, MICAS will not only become a showcase for local contemporary artists but will also engage with international institutions to present ground-breaking works by acclaimed artists from all over the world.
MICAS aims to positively energise Malta’s cultural ecology and impact that of the Euro-Mediterranean region it inhabits. The MICAS mission is to be an advocate of contemporary art by raising public awareness to the significance of the visual arts in contemporary life, and by bringing to the forefront the way art and artists help mediate and interpret the world we live in.
MICAS is a Government of Malta infrastructural legacy project for the Culture and the Arts sector.
The Service Provider will coordinate:
Publications planning, production and dissemination, and Coordinate PR projects .
Publications planning, production and dissemination
- Coordinate the planning, design and publication of our print and digital publications.
- Obtain quotations for design and print to help teams prepare budgets.
- Support the production of cost-effective publications. This includes:
- Checking style of content and design;
- monitoring changes and amendments;
- coordinating quality control checks and sign-off by senior staff at key production stages.
- Liaising with external designers and printers to ensure publications are produced to a high quality using environmentally friendly and sustainable print and to deadline.
- Support staff to plan the dissemination of new resources, and provide input on methods of dissemination and promotion.
- Monitor new trends in digital publication and dissemination to support high quality, effective communications.
- Arrange distribution of hard copy publications and resources when required
Coordinate PR projects
- Work with the Manager (Communications & Marketing) to implement the communications strategy and action plans.
- Write, edit and proof read a wide range of communications outputs.
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. marketing) and maintain open communication with senior management
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Organise PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Manage PR issues
Skills and Requirements
- A proven track record in PR or Publications work.
- The skill to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive approach to developing the role.
- A passion for communications and creativity, along with an eye for detail as well as the ability to see the bigger picture.
- At least two years relevant experience in a communications related role, ideally within an international context.
- Educated to MQF Level 6 in Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Maltese, with experience of writing copy, editing and publishing for print and digital media.
- Skilled with a range of digital communication tools and platforms.
- Excellent computer literacy with experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven organisational skills, a positive attitude and the ability to handle pressure.
- A passion for social media
- Commitment to MICAS vision, mission and values.
Contract for Service terms
The person providing the service will work on a daily basis from the MICAS offices.
Value: €15 per hour up to a maximum of €31,200 excluding VAT Per Annum payable in Monthly arrears.
Contract: This is a one-year Contract for Service.
Working Hours: approximately 40 hours per week, flexible, according to MICAS needs.
To apply: Send a current CV, portfolio and covering letter outlining how your skills and experience match the person specification to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th February at noon (CET)