The services of an officer providing Graphic Design for the Malta International Contemporary Arts Space (MICAS) are required, starting from May 2022 with an average of 20 hours of service a week.
The service shall be remunerated at €15 per hour excl. VAT for twelve months which may be renewed for further one-year periods subject to successful performance by the contractor.
The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space
The Malta International Contemporary Arts Space (MICAS) is one of Malta’s Public Cultural Organisations. It is a Government of Malta infrastructural project for the Culture and the Arts sector. MICAS will be realised through state funded restoration of historical fortifications and is an EU co-funded project that will deliver the MICAS internal galleries through the European Regional Development Fund in 2022.
The Malta International Contemporary Art Space (MICAS) is intended to strengthen Malta’s cultural infrastructure by providing a platform for contemporary art and internationalisation. With its launch, Malta is about to take a great step forward and become a proactive player in the contemporary art world.
Scheduled to open in 2023, MICAS will not only become a showcase for local contemporary artists but will also engage with international institutions to present ground-breaking works by acclaimed artists from all over the world.
MICAS intends to positively energise Malta’s cultural ecology and impact that of the Euro-Mediterranean region it inhabits. The MICAS mission is to be an advocate of contemporary art by raising public awareness to the significance of the visual arts in contemporary life, and by bringing to the forefront the way art and artists help mediate and interpret the world we live in.
The provider selected shall provide Graphic Design services as requested.
- Designing material for all MICAS events
- Graphic design for event marketing, publications, stationery and merchandise
- Design and creation of documents
- Content writing
- Liaising with artists
- Liaising with graphic design studios for creation of artworks
- Events programming and design of events catalogue
- Learning about the work of all MICAS programmes and initiatives and assisting in improving media strategies;
- Striving to reach set targets in order to be able to contribute towards the attainment of the Agency’s overall communication targets;
- Assist with other communications matters, as assigned by the CEO.
- Contractor must work within tight deadlines as required by the Contracting Authority
- Contractor might be required to provide his/her services outside normal office hours. This may include services being provided on weekends and public holidays, as required by the Contracting authority.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Interested applicants are to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Arts or related area and one year experience working in design and programming;
- Professional discretion;
- Proven knowledge of the cultural sector in Malta;
- Excellent coordination skills;
- Ability to communicate in Maltese and English;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Well-developed time management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficient computer skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro and other editing software;
- Knowledge of Wordpress and web development (HTML, CSS and SEO);
- Verbal and written articulacy;
Interested applicants are required to send a motivation letter together with a CV and certified true copies of certificates to:
The Director (Operations)
Malta International Contemporary Arts Space
Ospizio Complex, Bieb il-Pulverista
J.J. Mangion Street
or by email on: email@example.com
By not later than, Tuesday, 26th April 2022 by noon (CET)
Eligible applicants will be asked to sit for a selection interview.